Saturday 10 April 2010

Yoga


In order to become a Butoh dancer and put on a successful performance, I not only needed to learn how to choreograph and improvise butoh/physical theatre style movements, work as an ensemble, work as a director, work as a make up director, design and create a multi-media show complementing the movements, but I also needed to increase my physical fitness.

To do this, the drama group and I started learning Yoga. Before every rehearsal, and one time a day, we did a yoga move called the sun salutation. The picture below shows how to do the sun salutation. 



The picture above was retrieved from Gina Vivinetto's blog at http://ginavivinetto.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sunsalutation.jpg. 

By doing Yoga I've:
- Become more flexible
- Increased my physical endurance
- Gained more knowledge and interest in Yoga

I'm now physically able to perform Butoh for 30 min straight two nights in a row to the best of my current ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment