Sunday 28 March 2010

Feedback from the Dress Rehearsal

During the dress rehearsal, we recorded ourself and then we watched it. Here’s my evaluation from watching it. 


Scene One: Gluttony:

We need to enter faster, the stage is empty for too long which bores the audience.

We need to work more as an ensemble to make sure that everyone has the right timing for each step.

Most steps will look great once we are synced. 

I need to think about to keep my face throughout the whole scene. I noticed that I sometimes dropped my Butoh face and went to neutral. 


Scene Two Sloth:

Once again, I need to keep my Butoh face and make sure that I face the audience.

We need to work on how we use the prop to make the movements look more real and believable. 


Scene Three Envy:

Me and Ruby works as a part and uses the technique of tracing in order to show envy. This worked very well in this scene. 


Scene Four Pride: 

The diva walk entrance was intimidating and a bit scary-which was the affect I wanted to achieve. 

The shiny cloth worked very well as a prop, and it looked aesthetically pleasing along with the projection on stage.

It was interesting to see how the projection worked with the movement on stage, and I’m pleased with how the projection I designed looked on stage. I won’t change anything about the multi media.

We need to work on the timing and make sure we are synced when we step over our hands to sit down. This is the only movement which we all do exactly the same, and therefore it’s important that we do it at the same time. 


Scene Five Lust: 

The movements looked very nice, but we really need to work on the timing.

The multimedia looked great on stage


Scene Six Wrath: 

Once again, I need to practice keeping the butoh faces throughout the whole scene. 

Make it more EXTREME! 


Scene Seven Greed: 

The props worked very well.

We need to slow down. We were moving much to fast for butoh dancers.


To conclude, the major aspects I need to work on are the faces and timing. I need to make sure I practice so that we all have the same faces and it looks unified. And we all need to practice so that we do the synced steps at the same time, to do this we need to listen to the music closely and count. E.g, look up and show the face of fear after six steps etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment